Sunday, November 21, 2010

Random Update Time!

Yeah Yeah Yeah! Go Go Go!

     Update time. So we think we finished the character textures for our senior project (MURDERBALL). They definitely took way to long but by the end the last two went pretty fast and the last one even faster! I think that one is probably my favorite and is what I'm posting up. As a team I think we learned a good deal about how important a solid pipeline is to game production. Ours was not as solid as we would've liked in hindsight but what're you gonna do with a team this small? Not fun to have people sitting on their thumbs waiting for textures y'kno? Anyway... Here's a picture of the sneaker class.

     Then on the side I found this sketch from another class where I was tasked with designing classes for a Dungeons&Dragons style CTF game. I really loved this rejected female rogue I sketched out. So I plunged ahead without creating any orthographic drawings for her and modeled her torso, arms and legs. I also started working out a face. I found it easier to model blindly with only a basic idea towards topology with the idea of correcting it afterwards.

      I think I'm coming into my own as far as character modeling goes. I still have a long way to go of course but seeing my progression compared to past models I've done is encouraging. I really want to rough out a few low and mid-poly detailed characters before moving onto some serious Zsculpting for my final portfolio. Also thoughts of my overdue website have begun to crop up in my head again...ahh! only a little over 6 months until my projected graduation if all goes smooth (and it damn well better!)
     So this is what I've been up to lately. Eventually I'll have to get a shot of the MURDER-BALL characters in game. My friend John Miller did an amazing job with the shader-networks in UDK with lights and a subsurface scattering shader. Really awesome work.

No comments:

Post a Comment